Thursday, May 29, 2014

Chemistry Lesson

I remember an episode of Friends where during a blackout Rachel and Ross are talking about relationships. She realizes that she's never had such a connection with someone where the desire and chemistry was irresistible. She asks Ross, "do you think there are people who go through life never getting to feel that?" To which he replies, "probably." That dialogue has always stuck in my mind and I never knew why until very recently.

I've had passion and heat and all that, but I've never met someone where instantly the chemistry and heat was there and intense. That is until recently. I saw a guy from across the room. He was very tall, and talking to a girl much shorter than he. Every time I looked over their direction, she was talking and he was looking at me. I remember thinking how attractive he was, but kind of put it out of my mind. That is until he walked over and introduced himself to me. From the minute his face was two feet away from mine and I shook his hand I was intrigued. I felt sparks INSTANTLY. That has never ever ever ever ever happened.

Now, let me tell you about Audra and flirting; it's not pretty. I am a horrible flirt. In fact, one of my male friends told me once that my flirting is "different." It takes a highly intelligent man to pick up on it. And you can imagine how often that happens. But this guy picked up on it instantly. He complimented my eyes and said that was why he was staring at me. I normally don't hold eye contact when talking with someone but this time I did, and I felt comfortable with it. The conversation wasn't forced, I didn't feel self-conscious and within five minutes I found myself wondering what it would be like to kiss him. That is not like me at all. It was the first time in a very long time I had felt anything.

The evening wound down and he walked me to my car. While there he asked me if he could kiss me. My brain was saying no, but my head instantly nodded yes as a girlish smile came across my face. So, he did. The sparks just got more intense. I've kissed a lot of men. And he is right up there at the top of the "Best Kissers" list. Holy hell, I was in trouble. For a few brief moments the type-A control freak I am lost complete control and enjoyed the moment.

I had to literally push myself away and get in my car to leave. I'm not the type of girl to go home with a stranger at all. As I drove home and when I woke up the next morning it was the first thing I thought about. I never thought heat and chemistry like that could ever happen instantaneously. That was a first for me. I ran off so fast I'm sure I left him a little stunned and confused. Hell, I was stunned. I'm not sure if I'll ever see that man again, but I can at least say that at least once in my life I got to feel that.

No comments:

Post a Comment